Here are all the current and planned listed features of the Manic Miners game! Note that this encompasses the experimental builds too, so if a feature is here but not in the game build you are playing, it might be finished in an experimental build. (LRR= Lego Rock Raiders)
For planned features visit the Trello page to know more what is about to come, what is worked on and what is already implemented! (Warning: it can be a bit messy).
AI and miners:
- Smart AI that executes tasks and doesn’t ignore your input, as LRR sometimes did.
- Fully customizable down to the individual brick and colour!
- Real-time native navigation system
- Smarter dispensing of resources, like Ore and Crystals
- Multi-select supported!
- The miners can do the following so far:
- Drill walls
- Clear rubble
- Use dynamite
- Reinforce walls
- Get tools
- Train for certain jobs
- Eat sandwiches
- Repair buildings
- Automatically pick up and carry resources on demand
- Construct buildings in a smart manner
- Follow a priority list
- Training system working
- Stamina and hunger system working
- Controllable through Eye/Shoulder view
- Vehicles currently implemented:
- Hover Scout: No driver requirement, quickest vehicle in the game, can leap across lava streams
- Small Digger: Quick and efficient digger of Dirt and Loose Rock
- Small Mobile Laser Cutter: Portable laser! Need I say more?
- Tunnel Scout: Zip across any terrain unharmed!
- Small Transport Truck: Quick resource transport vehicle
- Rapid Rider: Traverses water and collects any resources that have fallen in. Can leap across a tile!
- Cargo Carrier: Transports Small vehicles across water.
- Loader Dozer: Clears Rubble automatically and Reinforces walls!
- Granite Grinder: A powerful mining vehicle with moderate speed
- Chrome Crusher: A powerful mining vehicle with a laser and scanner. A jack-of-all-trades!
- Large Mobile Laser Cutter: Portable LARGE laser! Need I say more??
- Tunnel Transport: A lifter helicopter that transports ANY vehicle across any terrain.
- Buildings currently implemented:
- Tool Store – The basic build that provides the basic tools/functionalities
- Canteen – Refines air and produces sandwiches!
- Teleport Pad – Teleports miners and small vehicles
- Docks – Teleports water vehicles
- Power Station – Powers all buildings that require power
- Support Station – Refines air so that you can stay in the cave for longer
- Upgrade Station – Upgrades your vehicles by spending Ore
- Geological Center – Gives an underground scan of the surrounding area
- Ore Refinery – Produces studs, has new animations
- Mining Laser – Shoots lasers!
- Super Teleport – Teleports large vehicles and miners
- Electric Fences – Zap’s intruders that try to pass the fences
- Many new animations, as seen above
- Full power system
- Air meter
- Cave system
- Finding buildings and miners
- Incredibly easy to use
- Change the level in real-time and see how it behaves!
- Saving and loading Buildings, Vehicles and miners
- Up to 256×256 map size (technically larger but the loading times need to be improved for it to be viable)
- Detail-editable height map from (-100 to 100) times tile size
- Define custom objectives
- Objectives that are not present in LRR, such as “Place 30 Electric Fences” will be possible
- Completely custom objectives such as “Drill 5 dirt walls”
- Several different visualization options: Flattened world and Real level simulation
- Advanced level scripting that alters the level as it plays, such as “Place lava here when someone walks on this tile” or “when two out of these four walls are drilled, send a message”! Read more on the wiki.
- Unreal’s engine 4 fantastic lighting
- Upscaled wall textures through a Neural Network thanks to Frozen Snow
- Accurate high-resolution brick textures, some made by hand
- Pristine LDraw models with maximum detail
- A classic LRR UI with modern visuals
- Fully customizable now!
- Move camera with WASD
- “Quick keys”: The keys can overlap between menus, so you can assign Q to be “Drill wall” as well as “Clear rubble”!
- Rotate camera with Right mouse button
- Pan camera with Middle mouse button
- Pan camera by hovering edges, just like the original!
- Tab/Escape goes back to the basic menu (Escape is more reliable)
…and much more: Jump into the game and try it out today! If you have any questions, feel free to check out our FAQ page as your question will mostly likely be answered there! More Manic Miners planned features will be added
- Creating custom campaigns
- Modding: Custom buildings
- Modding: Custom vehicles
- Rock monsters
- Slimy slugs
- More intense combat
- A unique take on an “Endless Mode”
- An independent sequel